Prime Student Living
Established in 2008 as a specialist lettings and operational management company of student accommodation properties by James Metcalf and Michael Sharples who set out to create value by controlling more of the end-to-end supply chain, Prime Student Living has achieved experience managing 13 PBSA assets across 9 UK cities representing 2,498 beds, providing scale and operational efficiencies.
Annual student research is undertaken providing very high customer satisfaction levels at 94% across the portfolio in 2016 and Prime Student Living has a strong performance record in achieving high occupancy levels across the portfolio it manages to achieve rental income targets (98% occupancy in current year).
Prime Student Living employ an experienced in-house team that provide support for clients from the inception of student developments, advising on design and specification to full mobilisation of new schemes, to all aspects of site management, including sales & marketing, customer service, pastoral care, routine repairs & maintenance and health & safety management.
Prime Student Living has a number of clients with long term contracts, for whom it manages student accommodation properties in the UK, such as Unite, the Victus European Student Accommodation Fund, McLaren, Coral, Ardmuir and The National Bank of Kuwait and has ambitions to continue to grow the portfolio under management to 20,000 over the next five years.
- Local market evaluation & rent price recommendations to drive maximum income
- Marketing of assets to students to achieve full occupancy
- Achieve high occupancy levels to maximise rental income
- Lettings & booking application management
- Tenancy contracts
- Collects deposits and rent from residents
- Drives operational cost efficiencies
- Delivers high levels of customer service to achieve high satisfaction levels
- Facilities management
- Conducts minor routine repairs and reactive maintenance
- Undertakes customer research
- Site staff recruitment
- Health & safety management & audits
- Develop, building & maintain strong partnerships with universities and student union bodies
- Local business & neighbourhood relationships
- Recommends product specification requirements to developer
- Experience in improving occupancy levels & rental income for operational standing assets where Prime Student Living has taken over management from previous alternative operators
- Established delivery of a broad range of client services beyond operational management