Crosslane Student Developments, part of the Crosslane Group, has been shortlisted for the Education Investor Awards in the Student Accommodation Developer category.
The awards cover the 2016/17 period and as part of the submission Crosslane presented details of three new developments opening for the 2017/18 academic year. The developments contribute a combined total of over 800 student beds across three popular university cities where demand continuously outstrips supply:
- The Old Printworks is a new 237 bed purpose-built, high specification scheme comprising a mix of studio apartments and cluster flat bedrooms in Edinburgh city centre. The development will also include high quality communal facilities including a common room, meeting space, laundry facilities, gym and bike storage. The development is a short walk from the University of Edinburgh campus and close to the historic Royal Mile, in the heart of the city centre.
- Albert Place is a high-specification 134 bed scheme located in central Newcastle. The development will boast high quality communal facilities, including a common room, onsite gym and landscaped private outdoor courtyard, as well as benefiting from onsite management being undertaken by the Crosslane Group lettings & operational management company; Prime Student Living.
- Brass Founders is a new development in Sheffield comprising 437 beds, 144 of which will be high specification self-contained studio apartments and 293 premium en-suite bedrooms in clusters of over six bedrooms sharing a lounge, kitchen and dining area. The property will have a large communal space which has been zoned into different areas including a games zone, onsite gym, cinema/multi media room, a study zone, and meeting hubs. Separately, there is a large luxury kitchen and 18-seater dining area complete with Bluetooth speakers for the exclusive use of residents choosing one of the studios.
In addition, Crosslane presented details of upcoming developments which will contribute more than 950 additional student beds over the coming years, and for which we have recently obtained planning consent:
- Stanhope House is the planned redevelopment of an existing 1950s office block into a 19-story, 256 bed student accommodation scheme in Portsmouth. The site is just a five minutes’ walk to the main university buildings, central shopping district and the main city centre amenities and opposite Portsmouth’s main train station and Victoria Park. The completed building will also contain extensive communal facilities, with dedicated space on most floors providing a variety of uses from common rooms, cinema rooms, study rooms, and kitchen and dining areas. Retail space will be located on the ground floor.
- Friar’s Road will be a new purpose-built, high specification scheme comprising 140 studio apartments and 443 en-suite bedroom cluster flats. Once completed the 19 storey student accommodation scheme will also contain significant dedicated communal areas, including a common room, along with study room, gym, cinema and kitchen-dining room for entertaining as well as a private outdoor courtyard.
- Woodhouse Square will be a new purpose-built student accommodation property in Leeds, located a short walk from the Leeds University campus and city’s main shopping areas. Once completed the property will comprise 117 en-suite, self-contained studio apartments over five stories and will feature significant dedicated communal space, including a common room, study room, communal kitchen/dining entertaining area, gym and private outdoor courtyard with cycle storage. Students will also benefit from superfast 100Mbps broadband and Wi-Fi.
The Education Investor Awards promote excellence and recognise innovation in the business of education across the UK and internationally. The award ceremony will take place on Tuesday 5 December at the Hilton Park Lane, London.