Crosslane Student Development UK
The Crosslane property development business was originally established in 2011 by James Metcalf and Michael Sharples as Crosslane (Hawkhill) LLP specialising in the identification and development of PBSA in the UK & Ireland.
Over time, two parts to the business emerged: one that focussed on acquiring existing assets to convert to PBSA (undertaken by Buile Holdings Limited); and the other that focussed on land acquisition requiring planning to create new build PBSA assets (Buile Developments Limited).
These companies were subsequently renamed Crosslane Student Developments Limited and Crosslane Student Developments UK Limited, respectively, collectively referred to as Crosslane Student Developments.
CSD has developed 30 modern, high quality PBSA assets across 22 UK cities, representing 7,128 beds. In addition, a future pipeline of developments is being secured to deliver an additional 25 developments comprising 6,000 beds for delivery over the next 5 years.
CSD key activities:
- Researches, analyses and evaluates to establish target cities
- Identifies and sources the best development opportunities possible
- Contractually secures sites
- Delivers planning permission
- Acquires land or existing assets to re-develop
- Determines appropriate product specification
- Manages the development of new build schemes or reconfiguration and refurbishment of existing assets via strong existing relationships with best in class contractors
Stage 1: Selection of asset
Stage 2: Development of Selected Asset
When developing selected assets, CPG has three primary areas of focus:
Specification: focus on a modern specification, high quality accommodation which would typically include good communal facilities such as common rooms, study rooms, gyms, laundry facilities, cycle storage and high broadband speed (minimum of 100Mbps).
Convenience: the product is designed to be as simple as possible for the student with inclusive utility bills and high speed Wi-Fi, as well as the use of on site facilities.
Security: each development includes secure door entry systems and 24/7 digital CCTV to ensure the safety of all tenants and their belongings.