With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation developing quickly, we believe it’s important to be transparent about how the Crosslane Property Group is responding to the outbreak.
As always, our top priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our student residents, our partners and the wider public, while supporting our clients to ensure we continue to provide business continuity.
Following advice and guidance provided by the UK Government we have taken necessary action within our business to help reduce the spread and impact of the virus. This includes social distancing measures to protect our employees. Our office locations in London, Manchester, Gloucester and Berlin are now closed with employees working from home where possible and we have stopped unnecessary travel. We expect this to present some challenges for us to continue to provide our usual high level of service, but we are doing our best in unprecedented circumstances and we ask you bear with us whilst we adjust our working practises in an attempt to continue to provide business as usual. We will be conducting video and conference calls through platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype and WhatsApp to stay in touch.
Our risk management and business continuity Response Team are meeting regularly to monitor the situation closely to determine what actions to take. We will continue to work closely with our employees, customers, partners and suppliers and offer additional support wherever possible.
Some of the steps we are taking across our business:
Crosslane Student Developments
Our live construction projects continue to operate as normal, with our various partners and suppliers implementing their own contingency plans, to ensure disruption to daily activities is kept to a minimum. We will continue to monitor events on-site and put in place measures to mitigate any impact to the delivery of projects.
Prime Student Living
Our property teams are currently continuing to operate onsite providing regular communication with student residents within our properties to help them protect themselves and others and provide them with the support needed during this challenging time.
- We have adopted stringent hygiene practices and our teams have increased their cleaning and sanitation regimes within our properties, with focus on high footfall and shared communal areas, specifically frequently touched areas such as door handles, handrails, lifts and toilets
- Hand sanitisers installed/available throughout the properties
- Updated advice issued to employees and students via all possible methods of communication on a regular basis
- All team members who can work from home without restricting essential business continuity have been instructed and provided with appropriate equipment and measures
- Cancellation of all arranged social events involving people gathering together or shared food items being given
- List those with existing health conditions, are over 70 or are pregnant to offer specific guidance
- Restrictions on non-essential maintenance by external contractors or our site teams
- Essential visitors and contractors are issued with hygiene advice when signing in
- Encouraging social distancing by restricting access to shared areas for group activities
- Restriction on non-essential visitors to our properties
- Crisis Management Plans updated to factor in COVID-19 measures and procedures
- Review of our policies and procedure to ensure fairness and transparency on items relating to Coronavirus
- Requesting information from our students who may be a confirmed case, self-isolating, leaving the property to enable best practice and follow up
- Following good practice measures to share information relating to the pandemic with our partners, investors, property owners, agents and internal departments
- FAQ’s issued to employees and students
- All employees follow Government and Public Health Authority advice to keep themselves and others safe and reduce the risk of spread
Given how rapidly the outbreak is evolving, we will be monitoring our approach to ensure the health and safety of our employees and communities. The information provided is reflective of government guidelines as of 19th March 2020. We will update this post accordingly to reflect any fundamental changes to our plan.
We remain fully operational and will continue to provide our full service throughout this period. If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Crosslane Property Group